#6: IB: Mock Paper 1 Reflection

(For context, in Lit today my class reviewed the practice IBLL Paper 1 comparative pieces we wrote last week. This is a short reflection on the process of writing and reviewing.)

I think my Paper 1 leaves much to be desired. When writing it I was not sure how a Paper 1 was meant to look. I grasped the basic concept of comparison but spent my time making comparative lists instead of comparative paragraphs; I had no introduction or conclusion. The reviewing process, during which we looked at two online examples of Paper 1 pieces, was extremely helpful with regards to my comprehension of the assignment. Based on the format of the examples, my plan for writing the next Paper 1 is to (1) observe 2-3 common themes and (2) make an outline—including an introduction, the appropriate number of paragraphs for the number of themes I plan to discuss, and a conclusion. The next practice/actual Paper 1 I compose will be much longer and more thorough than this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#3: Lists and Luddites

#2: The Greatest Commercial of All Time